Stacey Kumagai has accomplished a number of media historical local, regional, nationwide and worldwide ‘firsts’ including:
• Coverage for Guinness World Record events including street luge and card stacking.
• First one million dollars to ever be given away in the history of radio... 102.7 KIIS-FM
• Actress Carol Burnett's first theatrical stage award, The Garland Awards.
• The Emmy p.r. campaign for Cinematographer, James Chressanthis, ASC, nominated for his work on "FOUR MINUTES" --
an ESPN Original Entertainment (EOE) production -- the first-ever original movie to premiere on ESPN2, about
Roger Bannister who ran the first four-minute mile.
• First concert benefit in Los Angeles for Tsunami Aid – Thousand Hearts Japan Relief
• The first-inaugural concert ever at Stage 1 at Candlewalk with Lonestar & Olivia Newton-John to benefit Kids Rock Free
(Fender Museum) and Susan G. Komen Foundation charities.
• The announcement of ISWest's most-technologically advanced Data Center in Southern California.
• The launch of first-time author Amy Botwinick’s “Congratulations on Your Divorce: The Road To Finding Your Happily Ever
After” with vibrator sales benefiting victims of domestic violence
• The promotion of Actor, Tim Daly's Directorial Debut for the film, "Bereft" for Showtime Independent Films
• First-ever “Friends of Avalon Bay” water quality concert benefit for Catalina Island
• The Los Angeles Times Reading By 9 program Literacy Project in conjunction with her clients participating while benefiting
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
• Promotion of the world’s first syndicated TV program to be on Hewlett Packard's Jornada 545 Pocket PC
• The first televised media launch of Nelson Aspen’s Brains & Brawn Workout (Book Club meets Treadmill) at the Meridien
Sports Club of Los Angeles
• The unveiling of the Elvis Presley postage stamp
• First-ever Elisabeth Glaser Pediatric A.I.D.S. Foundation Concert Benefit
• Dr. Seuss' 95th Birthday - Read Across America National Literacy Project, with special recognition from President Clinton &
The White House
Other benchmark events include Kumagai has covered a diversified range of clients like Escape Artist Michael Griffin’s death-
defying attempt to escape from Houdini’s 90 year-old packing crate from the Intercoastal waters of Delray Beach, Florida, The
Temecula Valley International Film & Music Festival’s first sister-festival alliance with Rome Independent Film Festival,
Computer Forensic International’s uncovering of private information and evidence on computer hard drives and First-time
Indie Director/Writer/Producer Heather Robertson’s Comedy-Mockumentary, “Casting Adrift” screenings hitting six
coast-to-coast festivals in 2 months, and Norma Vally's first-ever, "GET SAFE!" event for empowering women.
Kumagai's publicity clientele covers an array of corporations, small businesses, individual talents and events - a
compilation she easily juggles in diversification due to her work history which boasts 150 individual companies,
expanding upon her broad knowledge of entertainment, media, promotions and leaving unusual marks on usual jobs.
Additional clients which showcase the array of various industries include multi-entitied Shanda Lear Enterprises
(daughter of the Learjet inventor) promoting the Stealth 205 electric boat and scooters; to individual talent like,
Actress/Author/Activist, Mimi Kennedy, "Dragapella" - barbershop quartet in drag, featuring two attorneys;Opera
singer, Alison England, Jazz musician, Maurice Gainen (Starbucks CD Master Engineer, who launched his own album,
Jazz World Colors); to events like Hollywood Reporter's sister publication Back Stage West's live version of the actor's
trade weekly , "Actorfest" ; to jazz musician, Jon Hartmann’s tribute to the memory of the pacific electric railway with
his environmental consciousness rhythmically echoed in his “Pacific Electric” CD and his political and environmental
activism - music with a message, "George Bush Sings!"
Kumagai's belief in education in association with entertainment is incorporated into each client she takes on and the
above list is no exception. She also did public relations for the documentary, “Straight from the Streets” which
received a Moxie Award from the Santa Monica Film Festival, garnered a distribution deal which is now being
incorporated as required studies in various school systems. This feature length documentary, five years in the
making, begins with the Los Angeles uprising in 1992 and concludes with the historic Million Man March of 1995.
Additionally, Kumagai has worked with many projects including the Independent Living Project of the City of Riverside
and the Hollenbeck Youth Center bringing over 10,000 toys to underprivileged children in the Inner City.
Her first Los Angeles public relations client was Cynthia Fujikawa whose father Jerry Fujikawa was a recurring
character “Whiplash Wang” in the long-running TV series, M*A*S*H. Her “Old Man River” one-woman play brought the
Japanese Relocation Center story to the forefront of personal discovery for today’s second and third generation
Japanese American children to understand what their parents have buried in shame – learning details which were
never openly discussed, in a cultural obstacle of never forgetting the past but trying to embrace a new future.
Expanding her specialization in multi-cultural clients to healing industries through proactive efforts in helping to
develop confrontation and tolerance: from the bi-coastal Urban Sports radio program, Celebrity Sports Talk -where the
sports world meets Hollywood, with guests which have included veteran broadcasters Stu Lantz and Tommy Hawkins
to Urban Graffiti Live Slam Festival featuring Latino and African-American spoken word artists and performers to Selma
Shimmel’s “The Group Room” Cancer Talk Radio helping survivors and their families; to Dr. Ward Coleman’s Four
Mountain’s anti-aging/stress-relieving holistic health practices and products. Components of mainstream events
Kumagai has pitched for broadcast media relations include Fiesta Del Castillo for The Los Angeles County Fair; a
Mexican Mercado and Fiesta Day at The Orange County Fair featuring World Famous Mariachi Del Sol de Mexico and
Mariachi Reyna; The Latin Jazz Festival; The Black Business Expo; Jewish Home For the Aging fundraiser benefit;
Asian American Performing Artists Association and countless other events. For more details on these types of events
see the ABOUT section.
Humanitarianism and Philanthropy have been part of the Media Monster/BrainGASM mission.... informing, educating
and bringing about awareness for creating change in perception, reaction, and activism to make a difference and to
make things happen is what it's all about.