Stacey Kumagai has accomplished a number of media historical local,
regional, nationwide and worldwide ‘firsts’ for marketing promotion and
- First concert benefit in Los Angeles for Tsunami Aid; Thousand Hearts Japan Relief. Iron Chef Morimoto auction.
- Launch of first-ever Cancer Radio Talk Show in North America in the history of broadcasting: Cancer-Survivor Selma
Shimmel’s The Group Room helping survivors and their families.
- Documentary Straight from the Streets received a Moxie Award from the Santa Monica Film Festival; garnered a distribution
deal which is now being incorporated as required studies in various school systems. This feature length documentary, five
years in the making, begins with the Los Angeles uprising in 1992 and concludes with the historic Million Man March of
- Dr. Seuss' 95th Birthday - Read Across America National Literacy Project, with special recognition from President Clinton
and The White House.
- First-ever Elisabeth Glaser Pediatric A.I.D.S. Foundation Concert Benefit.
- Holiday launch campaign of The Hollenbeck Youth Center bringing over 10,000 toys to underprivileged children in the Inner
- The Emmy P.R. campaign for Cinematographer, James Chressanthis, ASC, nominated for his work on FOUR MINUTES; an
ESPN Original Entertainment (EOE) production -- the FIRST original movie to premiere on ESPN2, about Roger Bannister
who ran the first four-minute mile.
- Historic broadcast FIRST one million dollars to ever be given away in the history of radio... 102.7 KIIS-FM.
- Escape Artist Michael Griffin's death-defying first-ever historic attempt to escape from Harry Houdini’s 90 year-old packing
crate from the Inter-coastal waters of Delray Beach, Florida.
- The unveiling of the Elvis Presley U.S. postage stamp.
- First business promotion to return to the French Quarter in New Orleans post-Katrina, Marita Jaeger Boutique de Vampyre,
“Feel The Bite, Halloween Night” BOO-TIQUE. This event was created to take the fear out of coming back to rebuild.
- First Independent Living Program of the City of Riverside promoting Education, Employment, Permanency, Health & Safety,
and to provide current and former foster youth with resources that lead to self-sufficiency and independence.
- Stage 1 at Candlewalk - First concert at venue designed specifically for charity fundraising benefiting Music Education
(Fender Museum) and Susan G. Komen Foundation charities.
- The launch announcement of ISWest's most-technologically advanced Data Center in all of Southern California.
- First-ever Friends of Avalon Bay water quality cleanup concert benefit for Catalina Island.
- Promotion of the world’s first syndicated TV program to be on Hewlett Packard's Jornada 545 Pocket PC.
- Shanda Lear Enterprises (daughter of the Learjet inventor) launch of the Stealth 205 electric boat and scooters for the
promotion of environmentally-conscious transportation.
- The Temecula Valley International Film and Music Festival’s first sister-festival alliance with Rome Independent Film
Festival expansion of global Indie film awareness.
- Actress Carol Burnett's first-ever theatrical stage award: The Garland Awards.
- The launch of first-time author Amy Botwinick’s “Congratulations on Your Divorce: The Road To Finding Your Happily Ever
fter” with vibrator sales benefiting victims of domestic violence; Launched spin-off of this book's Los Angeles social media
campaign for Divorce Party The Musical.
- Grass roots media campaign for self-published first-time author, Alan Jacobson which propelled media interest to garner
book deal from Simon & Schuster hard cover release of False Accusations which made it to the USA Today Best Seller's list
and went into second printing in just six weeks.
- Launch of The Kinsey Sicks first Dragapella Las Vegas show (barbershop quartet in drag, featuring two attorneys) to create
political and social issue discussion through music satire and comedy..
- First-time Indie Director/Writer/Producer, the late Heather Robertson’s Comedy-Mockumentary, Casting Adrift screenings
hitting six coast-to-coast festivals in 2 months.
- Discovery Channel Tool Belt Diva Norma Vally's first-ever, GET SAFE! event for empowering women with proceeds going to
benefit women of domestic violence.
- Actor, Tim Daly's Directorial Debut for the film, Bereft for Showtime Independent Films.
- First one-woman stage play about the Japanese Relocation Centers: Old Man River by Cynthia Fujikawa (father Jerry
Fujikawa – Whiplash Wang in M*A*S*H).
- The first televised media launch of Nelson Aspen’s Brains & Brawn Workout (Book Club meets Treadmill) at the Sports Club
of Los Angeles
- Computer Forensic International’s uncovering of private information and evidence on computer hard drives – first national
coverage in two languages.
- Guinness World Record events including street luge.
- First-ever launch 102.7 KIIS-FM Wango Tango Concert 1998.
- Launch of Indie 103.1 Radio Station.
- First CD tribute to the Pacific Electric Railway system of Los Angeles: Jazz musician Jon Hartmann.
- First bi-coastal urban sports radio program, Celebrity Sports Talk -where sports world meets Hollywood, with guests which
included veteran broadcasters Stu Lantz and Tommy Hawkins.
- The Los Angeles Times Reading By 9 program Literacy benefiting Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
Kumagai's publicity clientele covers an array of corporations, small businesses, individual talents and events – a compilation she
easily juggles in diversification due to her personal work history which boasts 367 individual companies, expanding upon her
broad knowledge of entertainment, media, promotions and leaving unusual marks on usual jobs. Kumagai's belief in education in
association with entertainment is incorporated into each client she takes on and the above list is no exception.
Expanding her specialization in multi-cultural and LGBT clients; to healing industries in both Western and Eastern medicine;
environmental, spiritual; Fortune 500, Non-Profit and entreprenurial; urban, suburban and rural communities of cross-pollination
through proactive efforts in helping to develop integration – Kumagai attempts the progressive creative approach.
Humanitarianism and Philanthropy have been part of the Media Monster/BrainGASM mission. Information, Education, Motivation
and Inspiration to bring about awareness for creating change to make things happen is what it's all about.